Thursday, May 10, 2007

On My Hatred of Al Sharpton

Here's hoping that title will get the Reverend to call me a racist and invite me on his radio show to apologize.

I'd really like to meet him.

But, nonetheless, I do hate him. He is what I would call "a terrible person." He makes his living attacking people's honest slip-ups, but refuses to apologize for his own. Recently, Sharpton said this regarding Mitt's Mormonism:

As for the one Mormon running for office, those that really believe in God will defeat him anyway, so don’t worry about that.

He claims that that does not mean that he thinks Mormons don't believe in God, but what else could it mean? This, to me at least, seems more offensive than the infamous Imus remark that Sharpton jumped all over. Imus made an off-color joke. Sharpton attacked a whole religion. I see a slight difference here.

Naturally, he refuses to apologize.

After all, he's Al Sharpton for Christ's sake! People apologize to him!

No comments: